January 15, 2015 iPad Workshop at Kansas State
Make plans now to attend a full-day workshop focused on iPad apps supporting communication, productivity, teaching and learning at the College of Education at Kansas State University on Thursday, January 15, 2015. More information is available on this Smore link. Registration information will be available soon.
by Wesley Fryer
This workshop will be led by Dr. Wesley Fryer. Wes is an author, elementary classroom STEM teacher, digital learning consultant, digital storyteller, and change agent. He teaches 4th and 5th grade STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at Independence Elementary in Yukon Public Schools in Oklahoma. Wesley earned his Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from Texas Tech University in 2011. He is the author 9 books on effectively using digital technologies to communicate, tell stories, teach and assess learning. His “Mapping Media to the Curriculum” book series focuses on helping students “show what they know” with media and create digital portfolios. Wes became a Google Certified Teacher in 2009, was named an Apple Distinguished Educator in 2005, and a PBS Digital Innovator in 2014. He helps organize free EdCamp and PLAYDATE professional development events in Oklahoma, the annual “Write Well, Sell Well” writing conference in Oklahoma City, as well as the free, annual K-12 Online Conference each year.
Check out the updated list of iOS apps to preview the apps and app categories which will be addressed in this dynamic workshop. Participants will learn how to:
- Access and share links to web resources using QR Codes
- Use apps for digital social learning, supporting ongoing professional development
- Use apps to support daily productivity tasks
- Use apps to create and share visual notes and annotated images
- Use eReading apps and apps to create eBooks
- Use apps to share SMS broadcast alert messages
- Use a variety of audio and music apps
- Use apps to create narrated slideshows
- Use apps to create Augmented Reality (AR) triggers
- Use a variety of photography and videography apps
- Use apps to support STEM skills, including iPad coding
If your schedule permits, please plan to join other educators for this exciting day of learning in Manhattan, Kansas, on January 15, 2015!